Superman is a fictional character and the protagonist of comic books published by DC Comics. He is also a media franchise, appearing in radio, television, movies, and video games. Created by American writer Jerry Siegel and Canadian-born artist Joe Shuster in 1932, the character first appeared in Action Comics #1 (June 1938). He is typically depicted as living in the fictional American city of Metropolis, the secret identity of journalist Clark Kent, and as a member of the Justice League.
Named Kal-El at birth, he is the son of Jor-El and Lara, who sent him to Earth to escape the destruction of his home planet Krypton, and to be raised by a humble family in rural Kansas.
Superman possesses superhuman powers such as flight, super strength and speed. He uses these powers to fight for humanity and ensure justice and equality in the world.
The following is a list of inspirational superman quotes to provide you with a motivational boost. You might also be interested in browsing through this list of Bart Simpson quotes.
Inspirational Quotes About Superman.
- “It’s not easy for me to live my life being who I am. Keeping secrets.” – Superman.
- “Superman is precisely what we should be teaching our children. Superman inspires us to our best.” – Greg Rucka.
- “And the spirit of Superman is great to have around.” – Brandon Routh.
- “My version of Superman is essentially of a guy who has spent his whole life alone.” – Henry Cavill.
- “Superman, when he goes after someone, is essentially not trying to beat them, he is trying to save them from themselves… You’re looking at a God who walks amongst men!” – Max Landis.
- “The fact is that Superman isn’t around because he is the oldest superhero. He’s still around because he is a great superhero. He’s the guy that spawned the entire genre, and that didn’t happen because it was a mediocre idea.” – Gary Frank.
- “Superman’s original name was Kal-El, or Swift God. His father’s name was Jor-El. Superman was clearly drawn as a modern-day god.” – Bruce Feiler.
- “I’d like to rescue people in trouble, like Superman.” – Sheridan Smith.
- “I think Superman’s journey is to become comfortable on earth. Of course, he’s got his role as earth’s greatest protector, but he also wants to be as happy as he can and if that happens to be with Lois, then he’s going to find a way.” – Brandon Routh.
- “If I had to choose a superhero to be, I would pick Superman. He’s everything that I’m not.” – Stephen Hawking.
Motivational Superman Quotes
- “Show them their possibilities, but never choose their path for them. They must advance on their own, find their own way, make their own mistakes, conquer their fears and hatreds, and create their own history.” – Jor El, ‘Superman Returns Novelization’.
- “Don’t be afraid.” – Superman.
- “Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith first, the trust part comes later.” – Superman.
- “The ‘amazing’ can only be created by facing fear, risk, and failure during the process.” – Superman.
- “I believe in second chances, I believe in redemption, but, mostly, I believe in my friends.” – Superman.
- “Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform is into something better. And on my soul, I swear that until my dream of a world where dignity, honor, & Justice are the reality that we all share, I will never stop fighting…ever!” – Superman, ‘What’s So Funny About Truth, Justice, And The American Way?’
- “It’s never as bad as it seems.” – Superman.
- “The only way to change the world is to quit thinking it’s a job for Superman. Real power lies in your own hands.” – Superman.
- “It’s going to happen, people are going to talk and that’s great. If people are talking, they’re being entertained in one way or another, so carry on.” – Superman.
- “It’s not about where you were born or the powers you have or what you wear in your chest; it’s about what you do.” – Superman
- “You’re much stronger than you think you are. Trust me.” – Superman.
- “No matter where you go in life there’s always going to be the one person that wants to bring you down, so stay strong and face your problems instead of running away.” – Superman.
- “A superhero is just an ordinary person who has found a better way to mask their human frailties. – Superman.
- “It’s about what you do…It’s about action. And every action you’ve taken has been selfish, destructive, in a word: evil. You don’t fight for others, “Superboy”. You only fight for yourself.” – Superman.
- “Do good to others and every man can be a Superman.” – Superman.
- “I once thought I could protect the world by myself. But I was wrong. Working together, we saved the planet. And I believe that if we stay together, as a team, we would be a force that could truly work for the ideals of peace and justice.” – Superman.
- “You’re going to change the world.” – Superman.
- “There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” – Superman.
- “So many of our dreams seem impossible, they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.” – Christopher Reeve, ‘Man Of Steel’.
Best Superman Quotes From Movies.
- “It doesn’t take X-Ray Vision to see you are up to no good.” – Superman.
- “I’m here to fight for truth and justice.” – Superman.
- “I am Superman. I can do anything.” – Superman, ‘Kingdom Come’.
- “You’re right! Taking lives is something I definitely find offensive! But roughing up criminal terrorists a bit doesn’t faze me at all!” – Superman.
- “What makes Superman a hero is not that he has power, but that he has the wisdom and the maturity to use the power wisely.” – Christopher Reeve
- “I don’t know what hole you crawled out of or where you came from, but I’m sending you back!” – Superman.
- “Only the weak succumb to brutality.” – Superman.
- “With great power comes great responsibility.” – Superman.
- “What’s special about Superman is that he will always make the right choice.” – Superman.
- “You’re scared of me because you can’t control me but that doesn’t mean I’m your enemy.” – Superman.
- “What if a child dreams of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspires to something greater.” – Jor-El.
- “The Welfare of Earth and all the people will always be my primary concern. – Superman.
- “Nobody has the right to kill…not you…not Superman. Especially not Superman.” – Superman.
- “I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard, always taking constant care not to break something to break someone, never allowing myself to lose control even for a moment or someone could die.” – Superman.
- “The worst part about being strong is that no one ever asks if you’re okay.” – Superman.
- “You’ve grown stronger here than I ever could have imagined. The only way to know how strong is to keep testing your limits. You can save them. You can save all of them.” – Jor El.
- “I do. I want the means to stop me in the hands of a man I can trust with my life.” – Superman.
- “But if there is a solution to hunger, it must be one that comes from the compassionate heart of a man and extends outward towards his fellow man.” – Superman.
- “Despite his powers, he is a minority of one in a teeming world of billions! A stranger in a strange land! What does Superman mean to you down there? Do they secretly resent him? Fear him? Hate him? For the first time in many years—I feel that I’m alone—alone!” – Superman, ‘Forever People’.
- “There is a right and a wrong in this universe. And that distinction is not hard to make.” – Superman.
- “It’s not entirely your fault that you’re a delinquent– it’s these slums – your poor living conditions – if there was only some way I could remedy it!” – Superman.
- “Civil liberties are being trampled on in your city, people living in fear. He thinks he’s above the law.” – Clark Kent.
- “Well, I know you didn’t bring me back ’cause you like me.” – Superman.
- “They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason, above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you…my only son.” – Superman.
- “To catch them if they fall.” – Superman.
- “You will be different, sometimes you’ll feel like an outcast, but you’ll never be alone.” – Superman, ‘Man Of Steel’.
- “You will give the people an ideal to strive towards, they will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.” – Jor El, ‘Man Of Steel’.
- “You just have to decide what kind of a man you want to grow up to be, Clark; because whoever that man is, good character or bad, he’s…he’s gonna change the world.” – Jonathan Kent, ‘Man Of Steel’.
- “I have many enemies who have tried to control me. And I live in fear that someday, they might succeed. If that ever should happen — If I should ever lose control, There would only be one sure way to stop me.” – Superman.
Photo by Jon Tyson on Unsplash
At Quotes Dome, we curate the best of quotes for everyone to consume. We hope you enjoyed reading our list of Superman quotes. If yes, then you will definitely love this list of the best Lola Big Mouth Quotes