According to the Oxford Dictionary, redemption is the process by which a person who has committed a sin, transgression or crime finds forgiveness and absolution, either through their own actions or those of another. Redemption can also be an act of saving something or someone from a dire fate.
In Christian theology, redemption is the act of being saved from sin or its consequences. Redemption was accomplished by Jesus Christ through his death and resurrection from cross. It can also be described as the act of ransoming, buying back or releasing a captive, slave or other property that was once owned by someone else.
The following is a compilation of redemption quotes on various spheres of life.
Self Redemption Quotes
Self-redemption is a psychological term that is used to describe the process of regaining personal or public self-respect by making amends for previous shameful acts. It can also refer to an individual’s sense of honor and dignity, and the power to grant forgiveness. Check out the following quotes on self redemption.
- “No matter how far wrong you’ve gone, you can always turn around.” – Unknown.
- “Don’t measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability.” – John Wooden.
- “The idea of redemption is always good news, even if it means sacrifice or some difficult times.” – Patti Smith.
- “God answers prayer on the ground of Redemption and on no other ground.” – Oswald Chambers.
- “Excellence is not a singular act but a habit. You are what you do repeatedly.” – Shaquille O’Neal.
- “We should confine booing in sports arenas to sport. I love a good boo as much as the next football fan.” – Alastair Campbell.
- “Redemption is promised at the low price of surrender of your critical faculties.” – Christopher Hitchens.
- “Redemption sounds like a jubilee. Like a second line, if you will.” – Dawn Richard.
- “Redemption from sin is greater than redemption from affliction.” – Daniel Defoe.
- “The greatest comfort in life is Christ on the move for our redemption timelessly!” – Evinda Lepins.
- “And while some healing does happen, it isn’t a healing of redemption or epiphany. It’s more like the slow absorption of a bruise.” – Joan Wickersham.
- “Hell is yourself and the only redemption is when a person puts himself aside to feel deeply for another person.” – Tennessee Williams.
- “Redemption is a magnificent thing… the life of God in the soul of man.” – Leonard Ravenhill.
- “The best way to use the gold of the Redeemer is for the redemption of those in peril.” – Saint Ambrose.
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth.
- “Redemption can be found in hell itself if that’s where you happen to be.” – Lin Jensen.
- “Redemption just means you just make a change in your life and you try to do right, versus what you were doing, which was wrong.” – Ice T.
- “Never give up! Failure and rejection are only the first step to succeeding.” – Jim Valvano.
- “Language is conceived in sin and science is its redemption.” – Willard Van Orman Quine.
- “I believe redemption is something you can strive for but never fully achieve.” – K.A. Tucker.
- “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.” – Tommy Lasorda.
- “Redemption is invented by the sinner.” – Lawrence Hill.
- “True redemption is seized when you accept the future consequences for your past mistakes.” – Eduardo Macedo.
- “I guess darkness serves a purpose: to show us that there is redemption through chaos.” – Brendan Fraser.
- “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” – Tim Notke.
- “We seek redemption, yet, we don’t seek forgiveness.” – Anthony T. Hincks.
- “The power that is to redeem him must be a power working within, not without.” – Lyman Abbott.
- “At the cross, God wrapped his heart in flesh and blood and let it be nailed to the cross for our redemption.” – E. Stanley Jones.
- “The goal of the Redemption is the redemption of truth.” – Vilna Gaon.
- “Redemption is prior to righteousness. You cannot be righteous until you are first redeemed.” – Ravi Zacharias.
- “Redemption is not perfection. The redeemed must realize their imperfections.” – John Piper.
- “I know eternal life He gives, from sin and sorrow free.” – Fred A. Filmore.
- “Show me a guy who’s afraid to look bad, and I’ll show you a guy you can beat every time.” – Lou Brock.
- “Redemption is never where you expect to find it.” – Sherrilyn Kenyon.
- “Redemption comes to those who wait, forgiveness is the key.” – Tom Petty.
- “To be in Christ — that is redemption; but for Christ to be in you — that is sanctification!” – Major W. Ian Thomas.
- “Seeking to forget makes exile all the longer; the secret of redemption lies in remembrance.” – Richard Von Weizsaecker.
- “I believe in the forgiveness of sin and the redemption of ignorance.” – Adlai Stevenson II.
Also read these reassurance quotes
Quotes About Redemption
Redemption is the process by which a person who has committed a sin, transgression or crime finds forgiveness and absolution, either through their own actions or those of another. The following are examples of redemption quotes from old to the present day.
- “No man can walk so long in the Shadow that he cannot come again to the Light.” – Robert Jordan, ‘The Great Hunt’.
- “Any fool can be happy. It takes a man with real heart to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep.” – Clive Barker, ‘Abarat: Days Of Magic, Nights Of War’.
- “Was it you or I who stumbled first? It does not matter. The one of us who finds the strength to get up first must help the other.” – Vera Nazarian, ‘The Perpetual Calendar Of Inspiration’.
- “Your current circumstances are part of your redemption story He is writing.” – Evinda Lepins.
- “Redemption is possible, and it is the measure of a civilized society.” – Greg Boyle
- “It is not true that everyone is special. It is true that everyone was once special and still possesses the ability to recover it.” – Criss Jami, ‘Killosophy’.
- “A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.” – George R.R. Martin
- “We can be redeemed only to the extent to which we see ourselves.” – Martin Buber
- “The recognition of pain and fear in others give rise in us to pity, and in our pity is our humanity, our redemption.” – Dean Koontz
- “At some point you will meet my imperfections. Will you leave or will you stay for my redemption?” – Shanna Rodriguez
- “Perseverance, determination, commitment, and courage-those things are real. The desire for redemption drives you.” – Michael Phelps
- “Sometimes acknowledging your erroneous ways is the first step to redemption.” – Ravi Shastri
- People find meaning and redemption in the most unusual human connections. – Khaled Hosseini
- “The only cure for suffering is to face it head-on, grasp it around the neck, and use it.” – Brennan Manning, ‘The Relentless Tenderness Of Jesus.’
- “I don’t believe the world’s a particularly beautiful place, but I do believe in redemption.” – Colum McCann
- “Yes, a dark time passed over this land, but now there is something like light.” – Dave Eggers, ‘Zeitoun’.
- “There’s no need to talk about it because the truth of what one says lies in what one does.” – Bernhard Schlink, ‘The Reader’.
Related: Shoot Your Shot Quotes
Redemption Quotes About Second Chances
A second chance is a chance to rectify an error and make amends. It is the opportunity to correct your wrong and move on with life. It provides hope, charity, forgiveness, and life-changing ramifications. The following redemption quotes about second chances will help put this into perspective.
- “Each of us is more than the worst thing we’ve ever done.” – Bryan Stevenson.
- “In the long run, the power of kindness can redeem beyond the power of force to destroy.” – John A. MacAulay.
- “Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting.” – William Arthur Ward.
- “Forgiveness says you are given another chance to make a new beginning.” – Desmond Tutu.
- “True love does have the power to redeem but only if we are ready for redemption.” – Bell Hooks.
- “If you ever get a second chance in life for something, you’ve got to go all the way.” – Lance Armstrong.
- “Whom man kills God restores to life; whom the brothers pursue the Father redeems.” – Victor Hugo.
- “Having a second chance makes you want to work even harder.” – Tia Mowry.
- “A second chance doesn’t mean anything if you didn’t learn from your first.” – Anurag Prakash Ray.
- “He is fallen, and his cure is beyond us; but I would still spare him, in the hope that he may find it.” – J.R.R. Tolkien, ‘The Return Of The King.’
- “We all deserve second chances, but not for the same mistake.” – Thabiso Owethu Xabanisa.
- “Forgiveness liberates the victim. It’s a gift you give yourself.” – T. D. Jakes.
- “Always forgive your enemies – nothing annoys them so much.” – Oscar Wilde.
- “To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.” – Lewis B. Smedes.
- “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” – Mahatma Gandhi.
- “It is his capacity for self-improvement and self-redemption which most distinguishes man from the mere brute.” – Aung San Suu Kyi.
- “I wish I would have known this sooner. I wish I could have seen the entire redemptive, narrative arc of the Bible.” – Brant Hansen.
- “In case you never get a second chance: don’t be afraid! And what if you do get a second chance? You take it!” – C. JoyBell C.
- “There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love.” – Bryant H. McGill.
- “People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.” – Audrey Hepburn.
- “How unhappy is he who cannot forgive himself.” – Publilius Syrus.
- “If somebody is gracious enough to give me a second chance, I won’t need a third.” – Pete Rose.
- “Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.” – Mark Twain.
- “Because this is what I believe – that second chances are stronger than secrets.” – Daisy Whitney.
- “And by the power of your love, they will break down under the load. That’s love, you see. It is redemptive…” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “When it comes to God, We can’t run out of second chances… only time.” – Robin Jones Gunn.
- “Second chances do come your way. Like trains, they arrive and depart regularly. Recognizing the ones that matter is the trick.” – Jill A. Davis.
- “The only thing that will redeem mankind is cooperation.” – Bertrand Russell.
- “Before we can forgive one another, we have to understand one another.” – Emma Goldman.
- “Every moment of your life is a second chance.” – Rick Price.
You may also like these trust the process quotes that will inspire you to keep going
Redemption Quotes From The Bible
The Bible describes a number of ways in which humans were said to be redeemed: through exile and return from exile; through marriage; by restoration to family; through suffering persecution of Jesus Christ and also through conversion and baptism. The following are redemption quotes from bible verses that give Christians hope in the promise of salvation.
- “Let the redeemed of the LORD tell their story— those he redeemed from the hand of the foe,” – Psalms 107:2
- “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” – Galatians 2:20
- “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: ‘Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.’” – Galatians 3:13
- “I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you.” – Isaiah 44:22
- “He provided redemption for his people; he ordained his covenant forever— holy and awesome is his name.” – Psalm 111:9.
- “In him, we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.” – Ephesians 1:7.
- “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” – 2 Peter 3:9
- “Who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father.” – Galatians 1:4.
- “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” – John 10:10.
- “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.” – Acts 3:19.
- “You, Lord, took up my case; you redeemed my life.” – Lamentations 3:58.
- “I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you.” – Isaiah 44:22.
- “So I will deliver you from the hand of the wicked, And I will redeem you from the grasp of the violent.” – Jeremiah 15:21
- “It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness, and redemption.” – 1 Corinthians 1:30.
- “You came near when I called you, and you said, ‘Do not fear.'”- Lamentations 3:57.
- “For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.” – Hebrews 9:15
- “He provided redemption for his people; he ordained his covenant forever— holy and awesome is his name.” – Psalms 111:9
- “I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud and your sins like mist; return to me, for I have redeemed you.” – Isaiah 44:22
- “Israel, put your hope in the LORD, for with the LORD is unfailing love and with him is full redemption.” – Psalms 130:7
At Quotes Dome, we curate the best of quotes for everyone to consume. We hope you enjoyed reading our list of powerful redemption quotes. If yes, then you will definitely love this list of silence is golden quotes.
Cross photo created by freepik – www.freepik.com